NEW fact sheet series on northern mobility and migration issues being released this week!
We’ve learned the North can present many challenges to women – so why do they stay? Why do women move to the North and between northern communities? FemNorthNet’s interviews with northern women and a review of existing studies on these very questions revealed some complex answers, which are explored in the following themed fact sheets:
- Fly-in and Fly-out Communities in Northern Canada
- Housing Market Fluctuations in Resource Based Towns
- Domestic Violence & Violence Against Women in the North
- Support Systems in Resource-based Towns for an Ageing Population
- Resource-based Town Resilience: Strengthening Communities through Long-Term Investment
The fact sheets will be released February 22 through to February 26 and available on our Migration, Immigration & Mobility theme page.